Thursday, September 24, 2009

House update

I suppose most everyone already knows this now, but we didn't get the loan for the house we wanted. The reason: it's in a commercial zone and we were trying to get a residential loan for it. We ended up canceling the contract and are looking for other homes.

After seeing the big picture, I think it's more of a blessing that it didn't happen. It would have required a hefty amount of work, and being such an old house, who knows what problems we may have encountered. I'm just grateful that we were open to suggestion from the Lord, and recognize now that it was not the right thing for us.

The trouble now is that Corey and I have each picked our favorites, haha. Hopefully we'll be able to talk it out and come to a compromise (aka MY way ;) haha.. kidding). Also, I appreciate everyone's support in this. It's a stressful thing! Phew!

No comments: